Terms and Conditions for the 2019 book giveaway
- The promoter is: Peacock Moon Publishing whose registered office is at 89 Coleford Bridge Road, Camberley, Surrey GU16 6DN, UK.
- The competition is open to anyone aged 13 years or over with an Instagram and/or Facebook account except employees of Peacock Moon Publishing and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are available in Issue 9 of the magazine as well as on the website at www.ratandmousemagazine.com
- The competition is running on Facebook and Instagram.
- Only one entry per social media platform will be accepted per person (up to a maximum of two entries in total per person). More than two entries from the same person will be disqualified.
- Closing date for entry will be the 31st of August 2019. After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
Take a picture of yourself holding a copy of Rat & Mouse Magazine OR a photo of your pet mice or rats and post it on Instagram and/or Facebook with the hashtag #iloveratandmousemagazine
11. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
12. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
13. The prize is for a set of three books from the Ship Rats trilogy by Rhian Waller.
The prizes offered are as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
14. Winners will be chosen at random by software from all entries received and verified by Promoter and or its agents.
15. The winner will be notified by email and/or DM on Instagram/Facebook within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
16. The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected / is delivered.
17. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
18. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
19. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
20. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
22. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Peacock Moon Publishing‘s decision as to those able to take part and selection of winners is final. No correspondence relating to the competition will be entered into.
25. Peacock Moon Publishing reserves the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage.
- Peacock Moon Publishing also reserves the right to cancel the competition if circumstances arise outside of its control.
Black Friday is upon us and there are great deals all around. Rat & Mouse Magazine is no exception. For this weekend only, we’re offering our biggest price reductions on single issues and subscriptions. Until 11:59pm Sunday, 25th of November (GMT), you can get the magazine from just £2.95! We’re offering 20% off everything! Get in quick and grab yourself a fantastic bargain!
To order, simple Subscribe. Prices listed are our discounted prices, but once the clocks chime midnight on Sunday night (GMT), the prices will be back to normal.
Issue 8 promises to be a great read, with interviews, features, expert articles and more! Here's a sneaky peek at what's to come...
Murine Respiratory Mycoplasmosis: A Tragedy of Microbial Evolution
An Interview with Felteko Arts
Do Giant Pouched Rats Make Good Pets?
Setting Up and Running a Rat Club
Trinity’s Rat Costumes: An Interview
Puzzle it Out
Shows & Events
Letters to the Editor
Hi everyone! Thank you for your patience while we sorted out the technical issues with the website. We've learned some fun (!), new geeky techy things we don't know the names for and have wrestled with php gremlins to cater to your rodenty-reading needs!
Issue 8 is now LIVE on the website, so if you've signed up for a subscription or issue including that one, just go to 'My Issues' to get access to it online. We hope that you enjoy the issue!
We've got some great new website updates coming soon, with a host of features to make your Rat & Mouse Magazine experience even better!
Peacock Moon Publishing understands the importance of protecting your privacy and personal details and we have prepared this statement to advise you on how we use the personal information that you share with us via our website or through other means. By using our website or making purchases through the website, you acknowledge your consent to this policy document.
About Peacock Moon Publishing
Peacock Moon Publishing is a UK-based publisher and provider of publishing services to customers all over the world. Our titles are sold both directly and via third-party retailers or affiliates. While orders from third parties may be fulfilled by us, we do not share the personal data we hold with these retailers or affiliates.
What personal information do we collect?
When you enter details via forms on our website, by contacting us directly in writing via post, emails or posts/messages via our social media accounts, by telephone or in person, we may collect this personal information. In submitting these forms of correspondence, you are consenting to us holding this data, which may include your name, address, telephone number and/or email address, to fulfil your requests or orders and/or to send you further information about our products.
How do we use this information?
Your information is kept in order to answer requests for information, give you access to certain restricted parts of the website, fulfil product orders or to send you newsletters and updates and/or check your identity for security reasons where necessary.
We do not retain any payment information relating to bank payment cards.
Do we share your personal information?
Your personal information is used only to fulfil their intended purpose (order or information fulfilment as well as marketing and updates). Your details will only be shared with selected, trusted third-parties where necessary to provide the service or product you have purchased. We may also share your personal information with certain authorities, including law enforcement, credit agencies and fraud prevention agencies where necessary for crime prevention or detection purposes, identity verification or where required to by law.
We do not sell your details to third-parties for any reason.
Is my data safe?
We take the security of your personal information very seriously, and access to this data is stored on a secure server to protect inappropriate access or usage.
How accurate is the information you hold?
We do our utmost to ensure that your information is up-to-date as far as reasonably possible. If there are any changes to your information, we encourage you to keep up informed of these.
How can I remove my personal information from your records?
Email marketing and updates
By signing up to our updates mailing list, you have agreed to receive periodic news, offers and promotional email marketing. This is an opt-in list and you can choose to change your preferences on these at any time.
How do I get a copy of my personal information?
How can I contact you?
If you have any questions about this policy document or how we use your personal data, please contact us at:
Peacock Moon Publishing
89 Coleford Bridge Road
Surrey GU16 6DN
Telephone: +44 (0)1252 756406
Page 1 of 3